Business in Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount is centrally located on the East Coast and within a day's shipping distance of most of the U.S. population. If you are considering an expansion or relocation of your business, you have come to the right place.
- Mid-Atlantic Broadband Fiber Optic Communications available
- Serviced by Wireless Internet Connection
- Norfolk Southern Rail Service available
- Three Phase Electrical Service
- Progressive Workforce Development Training through the Franklin Center
- Proactive business environment
- 29 miles from I-81 in Roanoke
- 75 miles from I-40 in Greensboro
- 25 minutes from Roanoke Regional Airport
- 60 minutes from Greensboro International Airport
- Quality-of-life amenities including the Harvester Performance Center, a thriving downtown, and ample opportunity for outdoor recreation
- Low cost of living
Locate your arts business or non-profit organization inside the heart of the Town of Rocky Mount Arts and Culture District. Various end-of-operational-year rebate incentives available.
Projects that provide substantial employment and investment are eligible for local incentives that may include waiver or reimbursement of utility connection and waiver or reimbursement of planning and zoning fees. Contact Daniel Pinard for more information.
Provides services and funding to companies creating new jobs or implementing technological change to reduce human resource development costs for new companies, expanding companies, and companies retraining their employees
A grant to assist new or expanding companies that are making a significant new investment and creating a substantial number of new jobs in the tobacco region of Virginia. Franklin County is one of only forty-one localities eligible for this funding.
Provides grants to localities for businesses that add value to Virginia-grown agriculture and forestry products