What should I do if I am unable to get my solid waste to the curb?

The answer to this question depends on your situation. If you are suffering from a temporary ailment that prevents you from bringing your solid waste to the curb (for a week or two), please call the Public Works Department at 540-483-1320 prior to the day of your collection for assistance. If you are elderly or temporarily or permanently disabled and will require assistance for more than two weeks, please contact the Town Clerk at 540-483-7660 to obtain an Application for Special Solid Waste Collection. This form must be signed by your physician.

Show All Answers

1. What type of solid waste container should I use?
2. What is included in solid waste collection services and how many carts can I use?
3. What if I want a different size cart?
4. Are there any exceptions to the cart requirement?
5. When can I put my cart out for collection?
6. What happens if my scheduled collection day falls on a holiday?
7. What if I have more solid waste than fits in my cart?
8. I didn’t get my solid waste cart out on-time and it wasn’t collected. What can I do?
9. My cart was out on time, but it was not collected. What happened?
10. Where should I place my solid waste cart?
11. What if I have something that is too big for my container?
12. Is there any solid waste picked up outside Town limits?
13. On what day will my solid waste be picked up?
14. When and how should I bring my solid waste to the curb?
15. What should I do if I am unable to get my solid waste to the curb?